The Early Childhood Council of Region IV
We are here to help educators, parents, children and families in need. We serve the communities of Essex, Deep River, and Chester, Connecticut. Our mission is to heighten awareness among the people of our community about the educational needs facing preschool children from three to five years old.
A brown bag lunch on a playground picnic table launched the Early Childhood Council back in the 1980’s. The preschool directors from Schoolmates, CDE, Essex Preschool and Chester Child Center gathered at The Children’s House because they all understood the importance of an early childhood experience. They also knew that many local children would not receive this benefit because their parents could not afford to enroll them in a local program. A wonderful sharing of ideas began. Instead of competition, a strong and lasting bond was created within this body of Early Childhood Professionals.
Meetings of the council are open to the public. Scheduled dates are announced on our Facebook page.
- To encourage the involvement of any community members who have an interest in children from three to five years of age
- To develop plans and identify services that assess, address, and meet the important needs of preschool age children
- To promote quality preschool education for every child in Chester, Deep River, and Essex
- To disseminate information to the public regarding the physical, emotional and educational needs of children ages three to five
- To distribute necessary funds to qualified families from the Preschool Scholarship Fund in order to enhance a child’s formative years by providing a one year preschool experience to a growing number of four-year-old children in the district
- To support communication and collaboration between the elementary schools of Connecticut School District IV to help facilitate successful transitions for children making the emotional and exciting leap from preschool to kindergarten.
15-16 PS Scholarship Application & Guidelines.pdf
Size : 50.89 Kb
Type : pdf
The Preschool Scholarship Fund
The Early Childhood Council also oversees a Preschool
Scholarship Fund that is supported by our community and is used for
supplementing preschool tuition for families in need. Applications are accepted
year round and can be found on this site. We encourage you to fill one out
today or pass one along to a family in need.
The return on our investment in children is measured in a lifetime of productivity and responsible citizenship. The Early Childhood Council has posted two videos on youtube describing our work. Please take a moment to view them: